. HUMAN RIGHTS .
Sent to CPNN by Mr. Daniel Petrosiyan
Child abuse is one of the most ignored issues in IRAN. The First National Campaign to Prevent Child Abuse in IRAN (FNCPCA) has held street classes by Shahin Gavanji and Jahangir Gavanji for more than 15000 parents in 31 cities of Iran. In this plan they made small changes in teaching and the parents got familiar with many forms of child abuse and important points to prevent abuse and ways to help their child.
Some parents don’t have free time to attend in classes or conference about this delicate issues so,the purpose of this campaign was to use the time of parents in street and educate them between 5 to 10 minutes with the important ways to protect children and ask them to get involved with other parents in their communities.
(article continued in right column)
(article continued from left column)
In these classes the important points to prevent child abuse were put in an A4 brochure and presented to parents in the main parks and square of each province. The content of brochures include the:
* Different types of child abuse
* Identifying signs of child abuse
* How to support children including psychological and emotional support
* What we should do when we are the witness of child abuse
We tried to explain all information in the short time and asked them to read the brochure,
The goals of this campaign:
* Face to face meetings with parents and creating supportive environments to empower parents and help them to access with the necessary information to raise and protect their children in a safe place.
* Calling attention to child abuse
* Helping communities to reduce child abuse
* Using the times of parents availability for them to learn important points about prevention of child abuse