Construyendo la Cumbre de los Pueblos RÍo+20
an article by Portal RÍo+20
Los Pueblos y los ciudadanos-as ya están en marcha para organizar la Cumbre de Río+20! Los invitamos a conocer las iniciativas y el calendario de actividades, así como los documentos y propuestas surgiendo del proceso. También podes sumarte a la comunidad Río+20...
click on photo to enlarge
- Encuentro colombiano de Jóvenes de ambiente "Camino a Río+20"
- Lanzamiento de los Grupos del Foro Social Temático 2012
- Caravana de Educación para Sociedades Sustentables y Responsabilidad Global-Rio+20
- Articulando una Visión de País: aporte de Ecuador para la región
- Camino a Río+20 – Central Sindical de las Américas y CSI
- Foro Social Temático: Crisis capitalista, Justicia Social y Ambiental
- Cumbre los Pueblos Río+20 para la Justicia Social y Ambiental
- Camino Rio+20: Adaptación y preparación Colombia+20
- Seminario: Paradigmas de Convivencia Planetaria, ¡Ahora!
- Comité de impulso Río+20 Colombia
- Jóvenes Europeos, Cuidemos el Planeta!
- Biocivilización para la Sustentabilidad de la Vida y del Planeta
- Convocatoria para la Cumbre de los Pueblos sobre el Desarrollo Sustentable
- ¿Qué pasará en Río+20? ¿Cuáles son los desafíos y problemáticas en juego? ¿Cómo prepararnos?
Documentos: demasiados a enumerar aquí
Propuestas: demasiados a enumerar aquí
Red Social Rio+20
( Clickear aquí para la version inglês y aquí para la version francês)
Question(s) related to this article:
Despite the vested interests of companies and governments, Can we make progress toward sustainable development?
* * * * *
LATEST READER COMMENT:
It's been a year since I wrote the above remarks about the failure of the nation states to address the problem of global warming, and it seems that nothing has changed. Here is the statement from leading environmental NGOs about the latest international conference on the environment being held in Warsaw, Poland.
Enough is enough.
We have said we stand in solidarity with the millions impacted by Typhoon Haiyan, and with all climate impacted people. Our solidarity compels us to tell the truth about COP 19 – the Warsaw Climate Conference.
The Warsaw Climate Conference, which should have been an important step in the just transition to a sustainable future, is on track to deliver virtually nothing. In fact, the actions of many rich countries here in Warsaw are directly undermining the UNFCCC itself, which is an important multilateral process that must succeed if we are to fix the global climate crisis.
The Warsaw Conference has put the interests of dirty energy industries over that of global citizens - with a “Coal & Climate Summit” being held in conjunction; corporate sponsorship from big polluters plastered all over the venue; and a Presidency (Poland) that is beholden to the coal and fracking industry. When Japan announced that it was following Canada and backtracking on emission cut commitments previously made, and Australia gave multiple signals that it was utterly unwilling to take the UN climate process seriously, the integrity of the talks was further jeopardized.
This week saw a “finance ministerial” with almost no actual finance, and loss and damage talks that have stalled because rich countries refuse to engage on the substance of an international mechanism. Warsaw has not seen any increase in emission reductions nor increased support for adaptation before 2020 – on these things it has actually taken us backward. And a clear pathway to a comprehensive and fair agreement in Paris 2015 is missing.
We as civil society are ready to engage with ministers and delegations who actually come to negotiate in good faith. . ...more.
This report was posted on December 5, 2011.
If you wish to start a new discussion topic on this article, you need to register and log in. Then please copy the title of this article which is Construyendo la Cumbre de los Pueblos RÍo+20 and its number which is 630 and enter this information along with your discussion question and an introductory response to the question here.
A few stories are retained on the main listings if they are considered by readers to be a priority. If you have not already done so, please take the time to check a box below: should this article be considered as a priority?