Building the Peoples Summit Rio+20
an article by Rio+20 Portal
Peoples and citizens are already starting to prepare for the Summit Rio+20. Find here the Initiatives and the schedule of activities of the partners in the process. Find also the Documents and Proposals, and be part of the Rio+20 Community.
click on photo to enlarge
- Global Citizens Youth Assembly
- Launch of the Thematic Social Forum Working Groups
- Local and Regional Governments towards Rio+20
- Green Economy Coalition and the road Rio 2012
- Thematic Social Forum: Capitalist Crisis, Social and Environmental Justice
- Initiative on Environmental Governance towards Rio+20
- Peoples Summit Rio+20 for Social and Environmental Justice
- A tweny years experience for implementing the objectives of sustainable development (ICLEI)
- Young Europeans, Let's Take Care of the Planet!
- Rio Twenty Years After - Itinerant Seminars
- Biocivilization for the Sustainability of Life and the Planet
- Call for Participation for the Peoples Summit for Sustainable Development
- What will happen at Rio+20? What is at stake? How can we prepare for it?
Documents: too many to list here
Proposals: too many to list here
Social Network Rio+20
( Click here for the
French version and here for the Spanish version)
Question(s) related to this article:
Despite the vested interests of companies and governments, Can we make progress toward sustainable development?
* * * * *
Latest reader comment:
[responding to CPNN article The film 'Demain', a manifesto?
Yes initiatives from the grassroots are important and necessary which will have a direct impact on the present and the future. But there are governments like India which are conscious of over exploitation of the earth’s resources and are taking suitable policy measures and also taking legal action against the exploiters.
We must emphasize public transportation and reduce our dependence on individual cars even though the auto industry will not like this.
Otherwise it is not demain but aujourdhui — the problems are there for us to see.