Campus Peace Educators' Training Program
un article par Raphael Ogar Oko
Campus Peace Educators' Training Program for Scholars, Youths and NGO Leaders, May 7 – 12, 2007, Abuja, Nigeria
Following the formal Launching the Campus Peace Initiative (CPI) in Abuja, the Nigeria chapter of Teachers Without Borders is pleased to announce the convening of the Campus Peace Educators Program for scholars who wish to become peace educators, youths and students who are interested in becoming Peer Peace Educators in the campus and other schools and colleges. As part of efforts by the Nigeria Chapter of Teachers Without Borders to promote the realization of a culture of Peace in Nigerian educational campuses, plans are underway to hold periodic and concurrent training programs on Integrated Peace Education and Conflict Resolution with particular emphasis on eradication of violence on campus for the realization of peace on campus thereby establishing a culture of peace and making the campus educational communities for peace.
The Campus Peace Educators Program involves the following:
- Introduction of the basic component of the TWB Teaching Mastery Course
- Training of educators and others interested in peace building as campus peace educators
- Training of volunteers who on completion of the course shall be appointed as Campus Ambassadors for Peace, to be drawn from scholars, students and other members of campus communities in Nigeria as those who are making a commitment to promoting the culture of peace on campus, or who pledge to support the campaign for peace on campus
- Development of techniques for the formation of Campus Peace Councils, a deliberative organ to support the campus governing council and campus senate, with representatives from all sectors of the campus community
- Training on establishment of Campus Peace Centers, where culture of peace education programs and services can be coordinated on campus. Other activities of the Campus Peace Educators Programs shall include introduction to the Campus Peace Sports Festivals (CPSF), Campus Community Service for Peace (CCSfP) as well as peace pilgrimages to places of peaceful interest.
The first Campus Peace Educators Training Program holds in Abuja as scheduled below:
- Date: May 7 – 12, 2007
- Venue: The Peace Embassy, Abuja and TWB-Nigeria Training Center, 57 Parakou Crescent, (Suite 102), Wuse 2, Abuja, Nigeria
- Participation fee: N10,000 only
For further inquiries on registration and participation, please contact: Raphael Ogar Oko, Country Coordinator, TWB-Nigeria, Tel: 234-8050894106, Email: email@example.com
Curriculum details are provided in the discussion for this report.
Question(s) liée(s) à cet article:
What do you think of this curriculum for training peace educators?,
* * * * *
Commentaire le plus récent:
The Campus Peace Educators Training Program (Abuja, Nigeria, May 2007) shall cover the following curriculum :
- Introduction to Integrated Campus Peace Education (Campus Peace Keeping, Campus Peace Making and Campus Peace Building Techniques)
- Universal Principles for Peace
- Human Development and Character Education
- Campus Conflict and Violence
- Fundamental Principles of Campus Peace Education
- Educating for Peace on Campus
- Principles and Techniques of Campus Conflict Resolution
- Teaching Methods and Principles
- Programs and Policies for Campus Peace (UN Peace Day, Campus Peace Day, etc)
Cet article a été mis en ligne le April 12, 2007.
Si vous souhaitez poser une nouvelle question liée à cet article, vous devez d'abord vous enregistrer et ensuite inscrivez vous. Ensuite, copiez le titre de cet article (Campus Peace Educators' Training Program ) et son numéro (327 ) et entrez ces informations avec votre nouvelle question et une introduction à la question ici.
Les articles sont listés par ordre de priorité selon les votes des lecteurs. Pour cela, vous êtes invité à choisir le niveau de priorité qui doit être donné à cet article en cochant l'un des boutons ci-dessous: Cet article doit-il être prioritaire?