Mainstreaming Peace Education - Approaches, Methodologies, and Visions A Practitioner’s Manual
an article by Meghann Villanueva, Programa Clam per la Pau / Peace and Human Rights Programme
On July 30, the Mainstreaming Peace Education Learning
Partnership launched its Practitioner’s Manual.
click on photo to enlarge
The Manual is the outcome of a two-year Learning Partnership
of the Grundtvig Lifelong Learning Programme of the
European Commission - implemented jointly by civil society
organisations from Germany, France, Netherlands, Spain,
Turkey and United Kingdom.
The Manual aims to provide a practical guide for peace
education in lifelong learning. It focuses on presenting the
overall framework for peace education, sets out a strategic
approach to mainstreaming peace education and provides
examples of projects and initiatives in peace education
implemented by European civil society organisations.
An electronic copy of the Manual can be downloaded here.
Hard copies can be requested via e-mail
Visit our other projects!
- Peace Bag for
Understanding and Working with Conflict
360O Peace in Media
Question(s) related to this article:
What do you think of this curriculum for training peace educators?,
* * * * *
Latest reader comment:
The Campus Peace Educators Training Program (Abuja, Nigeria, May 2007) shall cover the following curriculum :
- Introduction to Integrated Campus Peace Education (Campus Peace Keeping, Campus Peace Making and Campus Peace Building Techniques)
- Universal Principles for Peace
- Human Development and Character Education
- Campus Conflict and Violence
- Fundamental Principles of Campus Peace Education
- Educating for Peace on Campus
- Principles and Techniques of Campus Conflict Resolution
- Teaching Methods and Principles
- Programs and Policies for Campus Peace (UN Peace Day, Campus Peace Day, etc)