Manual: Culture of Peace in Young People’s View
an article by Ana Afonso
The International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development (CEIPES) together with another 5 organizations, has developed a manual about culture of peace: “Culture of Peace in Young People’s View”. This manual is the result of the activities implemented during the ‘Culture of Peace in Young People’s View’ project. It is mainly targeted at organisations working in the field of peace education, youth workers and youth trainers who plan to organise activities in this area.
click on photo to enlarge
The manual includes several activities to organise with youth on the topics described. Moreover, the manual includes an educational DVD with interviews of young participants from different countries as well as photos.The aim of the DVD was to be used as an educational youth work tool and stimulus for youth to reflect and learn in the realm of a culture of peace and non-violence.
This manual gives an opportunity to gain not only theoretical knowledge’s about Culture of peace and Youth participation, but also to give practical information as workshop templates and summary of activities implemented by the partner organisations in Armenia, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Netherlands and Serbia.
The project ‘Culture of Peace in Young People’s View’ was developed in the framework of peace education. The main goal was to contribute to create a culture of peace through the powerful tool of peace education. This project has been funded with support of European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe.
The online manual is available here.
Question(s) related to this article:
What do you think of this curriculum for training peace educators?,
* * * * *
Latest reader comment:
The Campus Peace Educators Training Program (Abuja, Nigeria, May 2007) shall cover the following curriculum :
- Introduction to Integrated Campus Peace Education (Campus Peace Keeping, Campus Peace Making and Campus Peace Building Techniques)
- Universal Principles for Peace
- Human Development and Character Education
- Campus Conflict and Violence
- Fundamental Principles of Campus Peace Education
- Educating for Peace on Campus
- Principles and Techniques of Campus Conflict Resolution
- Teaching Methods and Principles
- Programs and Policies for Campus Peace (UN Peace Day, Campus Peace Day, etc)