||Posted: July 13 2014,09:21
CPNN has received the following Statement from the National Coalition of
Christian Organizations in Palestine on the situation: Support Gaza’s Right to Life
“Justice and security are two sides of the same coin. Israel’s security can never be an excuse for denying justice to the Palestinian people.”
In the spirit of the living God who sanctifies all life and in keeping with our faith and its teachings we appeal to all people across the world to work with their fellow citizens and governments to end Israel’s Operation Protective Edge and the brutal military siege that has been going on for the past seven years which includes a naval and economic blockade. Gaza has no port or airport thus no way to import or export its products.
This not a war. This is only vengeance and collective punishment. A responsible authority works to stop useless vengeance and violence. Instead, it fosters general atmosphere of incitement, in order to please a Palestinian hating population, and not knowing what to do, the irresponsible Israeli Authority, just kills Palestinians and demolishes their houses, in order to please their people. We acknowledge the voice and action of the few Israelis who expressed themselves against this policy of their government.
This is not an escalation or a war. Gaza has no military or ability to protect itself other than to fire some homemade rockets. The 1.7 million people, mostly children (2/3 of the population) are also mostly refugees (1.1 million) from areas of 1948 and 1967. Furthermore under the 4th Geneva Convention Palestinians, as a militarily occupied people, have the right to defend themselves.
Our justice loving God demands us to speak out on behalf of the security for all people. In the name of the Advocate Spirit, we ask you to speak out now to call a halt to this long term offensive operation which aims to wipe out a lonely, besieged and unarmed people. Whether you think the new unity government is viable or not, or if Hamas is a terrorist organization or not, or whether you think they might have been behind the death of the three Israeli teens murdered near Hebron, (which is not proven so far) it is against international law to collectively punish or target an already besieged 1.7 millon population. It is inhumane. It is a war crime.
As of July 10th, the date of this Appeal Israeli military struck 430
targets across the Gaza Strip. 77 people have been reported dead and more
than 500 wounded.. The majority of the dead are civilians. 18 are children
including a baby one month old.
We pray for the memory of those killed. Each of them has a name and a
family who is suffering great loss. We also pray for all those wounded or
injured in body, mind, or spirit. We pray for solace and comfort also for
the families whose homes, businesses, agricultural fields, or fishing boats
that have also been destroyed. We pray for the people of Gaza and ask that
God be with them.
Support Palestinian’s right to life by joining with Christians throughout
the world in their call for a just peace in this land that all call holy.
We have been down this road one too many times and know what will happen if
we fail to act. Please join us through letters and petitions to your
government officials to raise awareness about this offensive military
operation and Gaza’s ongoing siege. Ask them to pressure Israel to stop its
brutal assault or face sanctions from the international community.
Support Palestinian’s right to life, say with a loud voice: stop killing
and demolishing houses. Join with Christians throughout the world in their
call for a just peace in this land that all call holy.
Quote from article by Jeremy Corbynn,, “Who Mourns for Palestine"
· Arab Catholic Scouts Group
· Arab Orthodox Society – Jerusalem
· Caritas- Jerusalem
· Department of Service to Palestinian Refugees- Middle East Council of
· Greek Catholic Sayedat AlBishara Association
· International Christian Committee
· Laity Committee in the Holy Land
· National Christian Association
· Pontifical Mission Palestine
· SABEEL – Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center
· Seeds of Better life
· Union of Arab Orthodox Club - Jerusalem
· Young Men’s Christian Association –YMCA
· Young Women’s Christian Association –YWCA
Network of Christian Organizations in Bethlehem
· The East Jerusalem YMCA /Beit Sahour Branch
· The Arab Educational Institute,
· Holy Land Trust, Bethlehem
· Wi’am Center, Bethlehem
· Saint Afram Assyrian Society,
· Holy Land Christians Ecumenical Foundation, Bethlehem
· Al-Ihsan Arab Orthodox Society, Beit Jala
· Arab Orthodox Club, Beit Sahour
· Arab Orthodox Club, Beit Jala
· Arab Orthodox Club, Bethlehem
· The Arab Orthodox Charitable Society, Beit Sahour
· Bethlehem Bible College
· Siraj Center for Holy Land Studies
· Alternative Tourism Group, ATG, Beit Sahour
· Senior Citizen Charitable Society
· Environmental educational Center, Beit Jala
· Saint Vincent Charitable Society, Beit Jala
· Shepherds' Children Society, Beit Sahour
and KAIROS PALESTINE