DISCUSSION

GLOBAL MOVEMENT FOR A CULTURE OF PEACE

Home page and navigation bar

L'accueil et la barre de navigation

La recepción y la barra de navegación

You are invited to take part in any of the discussion questions. To write a reply or change language, you must be registered (click on "Register" below) and then log in.

Vous êtes invité à participer aux forums ci-dessous. Avant d'écrire, vous devez vous enregistrer (cliquez ci-dessous) et ensuite inscrivez vous.

Usted está invitado a participar de los forums que se encuentran aquí debajo. Antes de escribir, debe registrarse (clickear abajo) y entonces conectar..

» Welcome Guest

» Bienvenue Invité

» Inscrire :: Enregistrer :: Rechercher :: Aide

» Bienvenido Invitado

» Conectar :: Registro :: Búsqueda :: Ayuda

[ Track this question :: Email this question :: Print this question ]

Question: Is this view of  history oversimplified? CPNN article: Video: How to Jump Start Your War
CPNN Administrator
Posted: April 19 2014,15:02

The following exchange was made between CPNN and the author of "How to Jump Start Your War", Alain Gorg:

CPNN:

I have a question for you.  The video makes the point that wars are begun by staging fake provocations.  The cases for Poland, Vietnam and Iraq are clear.  That of Korea is not clear in the film.  Can you clarify this?

Alan Gorg:

Poland was staged, but Vietnam, Iraq, and Korea were not staged, but rather, created out of vague evidence.

In Korea, there were continuous little provocations back and forth until the North chose to magnify one as the provocation justifying invasion of the South, not so big as the supposed provocations in Iraq and Vietname and Poland, but from a more real basis in fact.

You are correct. This video is created to provoke thought and discussion and is simplified, is satire, is not a documentary, but has a real thread of truth.

The video is not put forth as a great work of film art, but rather an effort to present important insight into history that I could not find anywhere, so I felt somebody needed to do it. I chose to use satire in an effort to make this video about war and mass death more bearable for the audience.
Profile PM 
0 replies since April 19 2014,15:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this question :: Email this question :: Print this question ]