DISCUSSION

GLOBAL MOVEMENT FOR A CULTURE OF PEACE

Home page and navigation bar

L'accueil et la barre de navigation

La recepción y la barra de navegación

You are invited to take part in any of the discussion questions. To write a reply or change language, you must be registered (click on "Register" below) and then log in.

Vous êtes invité à participer aux forums ci-dessous. Avant d'écrire, vous devez vous enregistrer (cliquez ci-dessous) et ensuite inscrivez vous.

Usted está invitado a participar de los forums que se encuentran aquí debajo. Antes de escribir, debe registrarse (clickear abajo) y entonces conectar..

» Welcome Guest

» Bienvenue Invité

» Inscrire :: Enregistrer :: Rechercher :: Aide

» Bienvenido Invitado

» Conectar :: Registro :: Búsqueda :: Ayuda

[ Track this question :: Email this question :: Print this question ]

Question: The rights of indigenous peoples, how can they be protected? CPNN article: Ban upheld: Avatar tribe ‘to decide’ future of Vedanta mine (India)
CPNN Administrator
Posted: Dec. 31 1999,17:00

This discussion question applies to the following articles:

Ban upheld: Avatar tribe ‘to decide’ future of Vedanta mine (India)
Interdiction confirmée : il appartient à la tribu   d’Avatar de décider de l’avenir de la mine de Vedanta   (Inde)
A year of successes: Tribal peoples’ reasons to celebrate in 2013
Guatemala: 28 años de luchar por la vida, dignidad y derechos de las mujeres sobrevivientes del genocidio
Guatemala: 28 years of struggle for the life, dignity and rights of women survivors of genocide
Profile PM 
CPNN Administrator
Posted: April 21 2013,18:10

If readers of CPNN are not already familiar with the website of the organization Movement for Tribal Peoples, the above article is a good reason to discover the site.  It is not only well laid out and presented, but also does a good job of covering stories concerning the survival of indigenous peoples.

Their annual report for 2012 is on line here.
Profile PM 
0 replies since April 21 2013,18:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this question :: Email this question :: Print this question ]