DISCUSSION

GLOBAL MOVEMENT FOR A CULTURE OF PEACE

Home page and navigation bar

L'accueil et la barre de navigation

La recepción y la barra de navegación

You are invited to take part in any of the discussion questions. To write a reply or change language, you must be registered (click on "Register" below) and then log in.

Vous êtes invité à participer aux forums ci-dessous. Avant d'écrire, vous devez vous enregistrer (cliquez ci-dessous) et ensuite inscrivez vous.

Usted está invitado a participar de los forums que se encuentran aquí debajo. Antes de escribir, debe registrarse (clickear abajo) y entonces conectar..

» Welcome Guest

» Bienvenue Invité

» Inscrire :: Enregistrer :: Rechercher :: Aide

» Bienvenido Invitado

» Conectar :: Registro :: Búsqueda :: Ayuda

[ Track this question :: Email this question :: Print this question ]

Question: How can the Old West myth be reinterpreted for a Culture of Peace? CPNN article: Billy the Kid and Us: A Book Review
hraisz
Posted: Mar. 02 2005,22:47

I don't know Tony. I was in Oklahoma City last week end, and attended the Cowboy  Museum. I thought I knew quite a bit about the way the Cowboys treated the Indians, but to stand before a plaque in the Lewis and Clark exhibit where L and C talk to the Indians about the Great White Father in Washington, and threaten the Indians if they disobey this power. (The letter actually could have been written by Bush to the Iraqis today) With Leonard Peltier in prison, and so many injustices still being perpetrated by the heirs of the Cowboys, I think we need a truth and reconciliation commission.

I
Profile PM 
0 replies since Jan. 28 2005,03:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this question :: Email this question :: Print this question ]