DISCUSSION

GLOBAL MOVEMENT FOR A CULTURE OF PEACE

Home page and navigation bar

L'accueil et la barre de navigation

La recepción y la barra de navegación

You are invited to take part in any of the discussion questions. To write a reply or change language, you must be registered (click on "Register" below) and then log in.

Vous êtes invité à participer aux forums ci-dessous. Avant d'écrire, vous devez vous enregistrer (cliquez ci-dessous) et ensuite inscrivez vous.

Usted está invitado a participar de los forums que se encuentran aquí debajo. Antes de escribir, debe registrarse (clickear abajo) y entonces conectar..

» Welcome Guest

» Bienvenue Invité

» Inscrire :: Enregistrer :: Rechercher :: Aide

» Bienvenido Invitado

» Conectar :: Registro :: Búsqueda :: Ayuda

[ Track this question :: Email this question :: Print this question ]

Question: Why does the media neglect vital peace efforts in the Middle East? CPNN article: Little Known Peace Efforts in the Middle East
Tony Dominski
Posted: May 28 2004,14:23

Quote (Tony Dominski @ May 28 2004,14:19)

Sandy,  Thanks for your article on peace efforts in the Middle East.  The lack of peace coverage is a conscious sin of ommission.  To support peace by publicizing peace efforts is seen by people in the media as an optional act of goodness, not a pressing civic duty.   The media does not perceive peace as the normal righteous state which is their duty to try to uphold.  YOU CANNOT SEE WHAT YOU DO NOT HAVE A CATEGORY TO PERCEIVE.
Profile PM 
hraisz
Posted: Oct. 31 2005,16:44

Hi Tony, I agree that peace does not seem newsworthy. I guess we have to be our own media. Have you read the peace on the Suzanne Mubarak Women's International Peace Movement? (I forgot to note the report number, but I hope you will look it up.)
Profile PM 
2 replies since May 28 2004,09:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this question :: Email this question :: Print this question ]