Printable Version of Topic
+--Forum: PEACE EDUCATION - EDUCATION POUR LA PAIX - EDUCACION PARA LA PAZ
+---Topic: Learning opportunities to foster global community started by CPNN Administrator
Posted by: CPNN Administrator on Dec. 31 1999,17:00
This discussion question applies to the following articles:
< Educating Children with Images of the Earth >
< Intercultural Interplay >
< Young People’s Retreat for Social Change - Building a Culture of Peace >
< Peace Counts on Tour in Kerala, India >
Posted by: CPNN Administrator on April 11 2007,13:45
Here are the Training Objectives and Expected Impact of the training described in the report, < Young People's Retreat for Social Change >.
* To build understanding and trust among youth of diverse religions, spiritual expressions
and indigenous traditions;
* We work to bridge an active connection between youth participants and their communities and
to encourage youth participants to engage in meaningful service in their community.
* Strive to inspire and connect new generations of conscious, committed young leaders and to
provide them training and leadership opportunities to create a space for Peace.
* We encourage young people to explore and rediscover their cultural traditions and to deepen
roots in their community and tradition.
Expected Impact of Training
1. To prepare enable the youth from all faiths in regard to create a peaceful atmosphere within
2. To sensitize people about human values and dignity of man irrespective of religions/faiths and
3. To empower and skilled the participants to play their role as peace and interfaith harmony actors
for the restoration of human life/dignity.
4. The practical support to direct beneficiaries and trainee would boost up the confidence and self
respect among their respective communities.
5. Ultimately the individual will have a sense of their own personal potential to be an active peace
builder and strive for living an ethical life within diverse situations.
6. To develop on the ground local relevant humanitarian projects that further peace.
7. To link to a global network of like minded and like hearted youth who are standing aligned with